Are you struggling to help the children in your care with the important task of reading? Jayne our resident phonics expect will guide you through the core principles, teaching and learning of the programme.
– What age to start introducing letter sounds, which schemes of work are available.
– Letters and Sounds Strategy
– Government guidelines, an understanding of phases 1 – 6.
– Delivery of Phonics in different provisions
– Planning for phonics, how to deliver phonics, assessment and progress in phonics.
– When to start reading words
– How to teach reading of words
– When to introduce letter formation
– Practical activities and lesson plans for different aged children
A fantastic opportunity to gain the skills needed to give young readers the support they need.
You can join us in our learning hub for a safe socially distanced, covid safe experience or you can join our session online from the safety of your own home. With our modern equipment, your experience will not be compromised.