Summary of current changes to Maternity Services that came into effect 30th March 2020
– Bassetlaw Maternity Services relocated to Doncaster EXCLUDING Antenatal Clinic and the Pregnancy Assessment Centre. These 2 services will remain at Bassetlaw.
– Retford Antenatal Clinics are being held at Bassetlaw Hospital Antenatal Clinic
– Mexborough Antenatal Clinics are being held at Doncaster Hospital Antenatal Clinics.
– All antenatal clinic and scan appointments must be attended alone.
– You will be contacted by text or phone the working day before any clinic appointment to discuss whether you need to attend or if the consultation can be by telephone.
– No Maternity Wards are allowed visitors.
– 1 birth partner is allowed when in established labour.
– 1 birth partner is allowed for elective caesarean section but must leave when you go to the Ward.
– Please do not attend a clinic appointment if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are isolating due to your household having symptoms. Please inform Clinic on 01302 642817 if you have symptoms and have an imminent appointment.
– Community bookings will be undertaken via telephone. You will then be invited to attend a booking clinic where you will have your blood pressure taken, urine sample collected, you will be weighed, and have any blood tests needed. Please attend alone.
– 16 week and 25 week community midwife appointments will be undertaken by telephone.
– Postnatal care will start with a telephone call to determine what consultations can be done by telephone and when home visits are needed to ensure what support you require is put in place.
Remember our 24 hour non-urgent midwifery coronavirus helpline is 01909 572235. Thank you for your support in these difficult times.