As January creeps nearer and we shudder at the thought of how many mince pies we’ve eaten, the urge to get fit and eat healthy hits us. It’s time to grab the urge, put on our active wear again and get out there. Easier said than done when you have little one’s at home demanding your attention.
Here is a quick round up of some of the fitness classes for mums, including some where you can take baby along with you!
- Sweaty Mama – Join Lorraine on Monday’s in Thorne, Tuesdays in Goole, Wednesdays in Crowle or Fridays in Carlton or Holmescarr and try a fun and effective workout without the worry of childcare! A mix of cardio and body weight exercises, where you can bond with your child whilst utilising them as a weight too! You work to your own fitness level in a non-judgemental, relaxed, friendly environment. See listing
- Baby Bunnies: Bouncing Buggies – A fun and energetic workout for mummy and their little ones in their buggies! Join Nichola at Lakeside on Mondays and Thursdays. See listing
- Baby Beats – A unique mum and baby class, merging baby massage, baby yoga, sensory play, adult yoga, pilates and fitness together to create an all round great class for you AND baby! Head to Nuffield Health on Thursdays. See listing
- Aqua Box – high intensity pool fitness – A high intensity fitness class in the pool, where resistance of the water, combined with Boxercise techniques make the calorie burning and muscle toning exercises highly effective. Head to Quest Park, Wheatley on Thursdays and Saturdays. See listing
- Isle Lose It Fitness Camps – Isle Lose It fitness camp sessions are all based on HIIT principles (High Intensity Fitness Training), which is guaranteed to raise metabolic rate and promote fat loss. The sessions are 45 minutes long and are suitable for beginners right up to advanced participants. The camps are great for busy mums who want to fit in exercise early (6.15am), after the school run (9.30am) or in the evening (6.30am).
Fitness classes for adults are listed on in our ‘adult fitness’ section day by day, so that you can see what is available and running at a time/day to suit you.
See all adult fitness classes
If i’m missing anything from the listings – if you run a class or attend one that you would recommend to other Mumblers, please let me know via the contact form below and I will add it.